Monday, March 30, 2009

♥Hello + Welcome To Fussy Gussy♥






















Hello and welcome! My name is Meagan, and I am the beauty, brawn, and brains behind Fussy Gussy. I live in a charming 1930s era house, complete with plenty of dormers, nooks, & crannies. I've been told that my home reminds people of a gingerbread house. For me, this is a great compliment.

Fussy Gussy began out of my own need for the perfect shopping tote. One thing led to another, and I started making pot holders. And now I'm know as "the pot holder lady" at craft fairs. 

I have a fondness for vintage pinup girls, glitter nail polish, and all things kitsch, but having lived in antique New England houses all of my life I like objects that have lots of history and the inch thick layer of dust to prove it. I'm inspired by mid-late 19th & early 20th century art & fashion & design & culture, vintage gothic romance novels from the 60s & 70s, horror movies, ghost stories...the list goes on and on. 


I collect vintage cake decorating books, and the occasional vintage cookbook. My favorite is the "Gone With the Wind Cookbook". I'm both terribly romantic and (somehow, also) fairly practical. I love watching (and talking about, and writing about) movies, especially horror and classics. I love, love, love music. I love to dance. I (clearly) love using parentheses. Clover honey is my sweetener of choice. I graduated with a BFA in Painting from the Rhode Island School of Design. I love what I do, and feel fortunate to be a part of the ever growing local and handmade community.

You can find all sorts of domestic delights, as well as the lovely lady above in ♥my Etsy Shop♥, as well as at boutiques and craft fairs across the country. Enjoy!