Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Band + Evangeline














I'm knee deep in the week before a craft show frenzy, and am currently ironing and preparing all sorts of domestic delights. Aprons, cafe curtains, dish towels, you name it!!! And what do I do while I iron, you might ask? Well...I watch movies (and TV). But mostly movies. Presently, I'm watching The Last Waltz, which I've seen before, but have had a hankering for since a few nights ago. I was babysitting, you see, and the boy I was taking care of (who's 4 years-old) is really into Robbie Robertson and The Band song "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down". It's really quite adorable. That night we watched it on Youtube about 10 times.

Anyway, I have been craving it ever since, and today was the perfect day to watch it. One of my favorite performances in the movie is "Evangeline", with Emmylou Harris. If you want to check it out, click ♥Here♥ It's one of the atmospheric, smokey segments shot on the sound stage. The outfits are fantastic, especially Rick Danko's.