Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Dead Weather

I'm loving The Dead Weather and their debut album Horehound. I had read about the band in the most recent issue of Under the Radar magazine (which I bought because Jarvis Cocker was on the cover), and I immediately purchased the album. It's gritty, noisy, eerie at times. It's so good.

Not that this is surprising in the slightest. Here's the line up: Jack White (The White Stripes/The Raconteurs), Alison Mosshart (The Kills), Dean Fertita (Queen of the Stone Age), and Jack Lawrence (The Raconteurs/The Greenhornes). Good stuff. Really, really good stuff.

Alison Mosshart's vocals are out of control. In the best way possible. I love her voice. And hearing Jack White on the drums is awesome.

My respect/admiration for Jack White has been a slow build, but The White Stripes interview on Charlie Rose a handful of years ago sealed the deal. And Get Behind Me Satan. And the Loretta Lynn album. Great album.

The Dead Weather's debut album is called Horehound and is available in record stores now. 

As many of you might know, I have a craft show tomorrow (SOWA Open Market, Boston, MA) and this album is totally getting me through the sewing non-stop for 5 hours, and the ironing, and ironing, and ironing. Love it!!! And I recommend it highly.