Friday, October 22, 2010

The Social Network



























Let me start by saying that I am not on Facebook. I know that this puts me in the minority, and I'm okay with that.

For months now, I've been awaiting the opening of the movie The Social Network. Despite my not actually being on Facebook, I found the subject matter very interesting. Entrepreneurs. Harvard. Hackers. A story of our time, and so on. I also heard a couple of interviews on NPR before the movie was released, and these sealed the deal.

The movie stars Jesse Eisenberg as the co-founder and now CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Andrew Garfield as his business partner and best friend, Eduardo Saverin, and Justin Timberlake as Sean Parker, the charismatic founder of Napster and all around influential guy. I also have to mention Armie Hammer, who plays the very tall, sparkly eyed Winklevoss twins.

How can I accurately express my love for this movie? Not only was it completely entertaining, smart, very funny, and well written, but it also looked fantastic, the music was awesome, and every actor did an incredible job. What more can I say? Best movie of 2010 (thus far)? For me, a definite yes.

Check out the equally compelling trailer for The Social Network that features a beautiful choral version of the Radiohead song "Creep".