Friday, November 11, 2011

Candy Canes + Peppermint On Etsy































It's no secret that I am a huge fan of Christmas! And I started my season a week ago by making my Christmas mix and hanging my Christmas tinsel (I make this distinction because I also have Halloween tinsel).

But you know the Christmas season has really begun when you start to hear Christmas music on your local oldies station. Or at the mall. When Williams-Sonoma starts playing Bing Crosby you know it's official. Or better yet, Judy Garland's deliciously heart breaking rendition of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", one my personal faves.

One of my other favorite things about this time of year are all of the candy canes and peppermint! I also love red and white, which of course make pink (my all time favorite color). And so, I thought I'd peruse Etsy (my home away from home) for some red and white and peppermint goodies. I found lots of goodies, but these two really make me happy.

The first (top photo) is a very special candy cane soap from Etsy shop Lippincott Soap Co, a long time fave of mine. I ordered a bar of this soap last year and I am definitely going back for more. It's high quality, handmade soap with beautiful packaging. It also looks exactly like a swirl of candy cane! But for me, the scent is the real zinger. Fresh but sweet, and super cozy and Christmasy.

The second is a collection of highly detailed, simple yet adorable yet charming yet beautiful (and on and on!) peppermint candy vintage buttons from Etsy shop Andie's Specialty Sweets. I read their featured seller interview not too long ago and was so inspired and impressed by their confectionary delights. It's apparent that a lot of love and care goes into each confection, and each and every detail.

Stay tuned for more Christmas features throughout the month, and into December of course. And enjoy!