Monday, February 6, 2012

Jason Segel In My Neck of the Woods, Oh My!
















Jason Segel was honored as this year's Hasty Pudding Theatricals' "Man of the Year" AKA he was not 3 miles from me on Friday afternoon/evening. In an effort of fandom, I actually went into Harvard Square to drop off my record player for repair, and decided to linger around for as long as I could take. Maybe I could get a glimpse and/or photo of the man himself? Rumor had it, Mr. Segel would parade through or around Harvard Square/yard at some point in the afternoon, while it was still daylight.

Two Starbucks-venti-mocha-hot-chocolates (with whipped cream) later, I had had enough. I lasted a total of 90 minutes before I caved and got in my car. I then sat there for a few minutes, going back and forth about whether or not to stay, and ultimately decided that I had to go home. Does this make me a terrible fan? Maybe I'm not a "fan" exactly, but more of an admirer??? I really do adore the guy. And I think he's crazy talented and smart, to boot. It would have been cool to see him, or maybe even get a photo or even a hug (I read that some students or something got hugs). Oh well.

Anyway, enough of that, and more about the awards ceremony. Hasty Pudding chooses both a man and woman of the year (every year), roasts said man or woman, presents them with the coveted "Pudding Pot", then treats them to a performance of their current theatrical production. Some previous "Pudding Pot" recipients: Justin Timberlake, Scarlett Johansson, Ben Stiller, Charlize Theron, and Robert Downey Jr. to name a few.