Monday, April 16, 2012

The Cabin In the Woods, Surprising + Clever















As both a horror movie fan and a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, I have been waiting (and waiting...and waiting) for Joss Whedon's ode to the horror genre, The Cabin In the Woods. The movie was written by Whedon and Drew Goddard, who also directs. Goddard is known for his work on Buffy and Lost. This review will contain no spoilers, since I think my thorough enjoyment of the movie had an awful lot to do with element of surprise, so...

I'll just say that if you're a fan of horror movies you've got to see The Cabin In the Woods. It's not your usual college-kids-on-vacation-at-some-creepy-cabin horror flick. Trust me.

As a side note, Jodelle Ferland makes a fantastic appearance in the movie. She's awesome! She's been in not one but two episodes of my favorite TV show Supernatural, and she's been in horror movies like Case 39 and The Messengers. She may be more widely known and Bree Tanner from the Twilight Saga: Eclipse movie.