Monday, June 18, 2012

Jack White On WTF With Marc Maron

I've just listened to Jack White's interview with Marc Maron on WTF with Marc Maron, and it was so great! Interesting as hell. They even talk about hell during the interview. And the blues. And taxidermy giraffe heads. The fact that mohair holds up longer than velvet. That sort of thing.

The interview took place at Third Man Records in Nashville, a place that I'd love to visit before too long.

There's something very special and natural about Marc Maron's interview style. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. Sure, questions were asked in an interview-ish way, but they were more like "So, you grew up in Detroit?" as opposed to, "I've read that you grew up in Detroit. What was that like for you?" It makes a big difference, I think. The whole thing felt very candid and sincere and real. Refreshing. Charming.

I really, really enjoyed this interview. It made my day. Perhaps even my week. Highly recommended. I plan on giving it another listen soon.