Friday, October 5, 2012

Oh My Sweet Goodness, Supernatural Is Back!

This past Wednesday, my favorite TV show Supernatural returned for its 8th season. I don't want to spoil anything for those who have not watched, but let's just say it did not disappoint. The Winchesters are back to the grind and they're both as handsome as ever. Swoon.

Stylistically, this first episode of the season seemed a little different. Edgier, or something? Darker. There were some very funny moments (don't get me wrong), but in general it felt more somber. More dark. There's ample use of flashbacks which is very different, but works really well, I think. And the use of music was (as usual) fantastic!

I'm planning a second viewing over the long weekend, and I'm so excited for next week's episode!

P.S. A detail that I just remembered: there are lots of different locations in this episode, my favorite of which is "Kermit, Texas". I know that the use of the word "Kermit" exists outside of The Muppets, but for me it only exists in regards to The Muppets.