Thursday, October 14, 2010

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes















Driving home from the grocery store the other day I turned on WFNX, my local alternative music station, and to my delight, heard the song "Home" by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes. It was my first time hearing the song, and I have to say, I am in love with it. Great melody. Sweet, romantic, a lot of fun to sing along to.

In my enthusiasm, I did a little investigating about this Edward Sharpe. Turns out that's not his actual name, but an alter ego. His real name is Alex Ebert, he's a Los Angeles native, and he and I were born in the same year: 1978.

My investigation led me to this ♥gem of a live performance♥, featuring the many piece band singing "Home" in a radio station studio. As the song is a lot of fun to sing along to, this performance is a lot of fun to watch.

The photo above is of the afore mentioned Alex Ebert, and Jade Castrinos, who was a founding member of the band.