Saturday, September 17, 2011

Trent Reznor + Karen O = Something Amazing















I saw the The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trailer last weekend, and I was blown away. It was one of the best and most exciting trailers I've seen in a long time. If not ever.

Like many out there (perhaps?) I was a little miffed by the idea of "Hollywood" remaking the original: a perfectly grim, gritty, atmospheric, well written, well acted Swedish movie based on the (also) Swedish book. But then David Fincher was on board. And Daniel Craig was cast, and Rooney Mara, followed by such favorites as Christopher Plummer and Stellan Skarsgard.

But it was not until I saw this trailer that I decided I definitely want to see this movie! The trailer is perfectly edited, fast paced, and completely intriguing. And the best part: throughout the entire trailer plays a thoroughly unexpected cover of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song", performed by none other than Trent Reznor and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' front woman, Karen O. It's awesome. Totally awesome.

It even rivals Jack Black's van-driving-cassette-tape rendition in School of Rock. Awesome in a different way.