Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Röyksopp















I really, really love Scandinavian electronic music.

The above photo is of Svein Berge and Torbjorn Brundtland of the Norwegian electronic duo, Röyksopp.

It's where my love of Scandinavian electronic music really began, and took hold. I have so much love for these two that I don't really know what to write.

To begin, their music is technically crazy rich. Gorgeous. When they do have lyrics, they're usually sung by someone equally awesome, like Karin Andersson or Robyn (see posts below). I love so many different kinds of music, but often I find myself drawn to music that either sounds like it was generated by machines or sounds like it came straight from center of the earth, or something, like made from fire or a volcano. Highly artificial meets highly organic. Somehow, Röyksopp manages both for me. The music is emotional yet cool.

And to boot, they take wildly weird photos like the one above. They're so great!