Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Exciting News About Tate (Fingers Crossed!)
















I read some very exciting and promising news today. From E! News: "A source close to the show tells us that Tate will eventually come to terms with who he is and what he did, but not until this season's last three episodes. And those episodes will be shocking."

Yay!!! Isn't this amazing news!?!

I'm hoping that this means that my Evan-Peters-only-being-in-7-episodes-is-just-hype theory is correct. And if it was just hype, it worked wonders, at least on me. I've been consumed with thinking about American Horror Story for weeks. This past weekend, I re-watched the first 6 episodes and even started a notebook to keep track of timelines and the like. I'm hopeless!

Basically, I'm leaning more and more toward the idea that Tate and Constance have/had some kind of perverse relationship. Not sure what that means yet, but I think it makes sense. He is/was a deeply disturbed kid. He looked angry and/or bitter toward Constance when she waved to him from the street (in episode 3, "Murder House"). My only reservation here is that Constance (while clearly vain, superficial, and mean spirited at times) doesn't strike me as an evil character. So who knows.

I also think that there are two Tates, be it literally or psychologically for the character. I watched a few scenes on slow-mo, and during the Infantata-strobe-light-attack-sequence in the basement, Tate appears to turn into the Infantata, almost like a medium. He also appears behind the Infantata in skull face, and pushes his beloved Violet to the ground in a menacing way. Why would sweet, caring, tender Tate want to put Violet in harm's way when he puts so much energy into protecting her at other times.

Like in this week's episode "Piggy Piggy" when he drags a drugged out Violet into the bathtub to save her life, sobbing and crying "Don't you die on me Violet! Don't you die!" It was such a sad and tender scene. It seemed so real, too. By the time Violet comes to and realizes that she almost died (and that Tate saved her), she starts sobbing too.

Hence, the two Tates. One menacing and skull faced. The other: sad, lonely, and deeply in love with Violet.

I have so many questions! But, I'm really glad that American Horror Story is unfolding slowly-ish. It wouldn't be any fun if in one (or two, or even three) episodes we found out everything we need to know about any given character.

I have more to write, but I need to get my thoughts/questions organized. Like, where is Addie, and what were the circumstances of Nora's death? Curiouser and curiouser.