Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I Finally Saw the New Muppet Movie!













I saw the new Muppet movie yesterday (simply named The Muppets) and it was everything I could have hoped for, and more! It was hilarious (that kind of goes without saying!), sweet, smart, thoughtful, and clearly made with lots of love for the Muppets. I'm definitely going to see it again at least one more time while it's in theaters.

The story is fairly straight forward. The world's biggest Muppets fan and his brother (and brother's girlfriend) have to reunite the Muppets and raise $10 million or the Muppet Theater in LA is going to be torn down so that the evil Tex Richman can drill for oil.

There are some amazing musical numbers, like the movies' show stopping opener "Life's a Happy Song" and "Man or Muppet" (my personal favorite!) Most of the original music is written by Flight of the Conchords' Bret McKenzie, so the songs are pretty hilarious and cleverly dramatic.

The movie is also chock full of celebrity cameos. Neil Patrick Harris, Feist, Zach Galifianakis, and Sarah Silverman, to name a few. Jack Black is also in the movie, but he plays more of a prominent role, as himself. It's a lot of fun!

Stay tuned for more about the Muppets! I listened to an amazing NPR interview with the movie's writers (Jason Segel and Nick Stoller), and I have some priceless tidbits to share.