Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jack White On American Pickers
















Over the holidays, I watched an awful lot of cable TV at my Mom's.

As I'm currently without cable, I rarely get to watch things like Hoarders or better yet, Hoarders: Buried Alive (I still don't understand what the difference is, but that's another post for another day). I love catching up on these reality shows, and am equally relieved when I return home to my 10-ish channels and cable box free living room.

All of this said, I really, really like The History Channel show American Pickers. It follows Mike and Frank on their "vintage picking" adventures all across the country. These guys are the best. They're smart, funny, and wicked entertaining.

And so, you can imagine how happy I was to see Jack White on last week's episode titled "The Elephant in the Room" in which Mike buys a taxidermy elephant head and then sort of panics when he realizes that finding a buyer might prove difficult. Enter Jack White (who apparently already has a taxidermy giraffe).

It was a lot of fun to see Jack White haggling with Mike and Frank, and to see how much fun these guys were having with the whole thing. You can watch the full episode at The History Channel or click HERE to check out the 7 or so minutes with Jack White.