Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I'm Excited To Introduce "The Weekly Song List"

I'm very excited to announce a new addition to the Fussy Gussy blog! As you may well know, I LOVE music. I've loved it my whole life. As legend goes I was phonetically singing Beatles' songs in my crib, well before I could talk. Pretty much all of my siblings agree on this (I'm the youngest of seven), so it must be true.

As I write I'm singing along to Bat For Lashes' "Siren Song".

Which brings me to song lists and mix tapes. I miss mix tapes! I still have most of mine, the ones that were made for me, that is. I have a cassette player, so I listen to them pretty often. I spent so many hours making mix tapes in the 90s and early 00s. I think the last mix tape I ever made was in 2005.

And so, I thought I'd create mini mixes here, to share with you. Song lists, if you will. My plan is to create one list every week, to be posted on Wednesday. Each list will contain seven songs, unless there's some special holiday or something, in which case I may add a song or two. Sometimes the list will even be on a theme.

The first list will be up following this post, so be on the lookout.

Enjoy!

P.S. I'm not sure why I needed Xena to help me with this post, but there she is! Gorgeous as ever.