Monday, August 13, 2012

Bride Of Frankenstein Doll On Etsy

Every so often I happen upon an Etsy shop or artist that totally floors me. Uneek Doll Designs is one of these shops. I find Debbie's clothespin dolls inspiring and beautiful. I love the subtle detail and intricacy of the dolls, the handmade one-of-a-kind quality, and the expression in the faces. They amaze me!

Debbie's dolls are (for the most part) inspired by real people: famous authors, poets, musicians, artists, actors and actresses, historical figures, you name it. Anyone from June Carter Cash to Bette Davis, Alfred Hitchcock to Abraham Lincoln.

She even has a Sasquatch doll. Awesome!

I especially love this Bride of Frankenstein doll inspired by the 1935 film of the same name, starring Boris Karloff and Elsa Lanchester (who plays the dual role of Mary Shelley and the Bride). I think she's absolutely divine.

To check out Debbie's complete collection of clothespin dolls, visit Uneek Doll Designs on Etsy.

Hope you have a great week!