Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bride of Frankenstein + Sting






















Upon completing Monday's post about the beautiful Bride of Franksenstein Doll inspired by the 1935 movie (of the same name), I was reminded of a movie that I saw in the theater when it came out in 1985. That movie is The Bride and it stars Sting and Jennifer Beals (of Flashdance fame). 

I immediately went onto Netflix to see if it was available for streaming. Alas, no. I then went to my library's online catalog. Not there either. So I bought it! And I can't wait for it's arrival in 3-5 business days so that I watch it, along with a few of my other favorite 1980s supernatural and/or fantasy themed movies. Like Once Bitten and Labyrinth. I'm so excited!

I'd also like to note that Sting looks a bit like Michael Fassbender in this photo. His eyes are a bit further apart than Fassbender's, but there's an intensity to both men's handsomeness. And that's my two cents.