Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Weekly Song List: Wednesday, August 1st
1. Silenced By the Night. Keane: I love this song because it sounds like it was recorded in the mid-to-late 1980s. And I love Tom Chaplin's voice.
2. Dark Side. Kelly Clarkson: Kelly Clarkson is one of those pop singers who (for me, at least) transcends pop because her voice is so, so strong. I watched (and voted for) her on the first season of American Idol and I LOVE this new song of hers. Perfect blend of pop and creepy music box.
3. Only If For a Night. Florence + The Machine: This song blows my mind. It's so powerful and beautiful. And there's mention of a ghost! Perfection. Absolute perfection.
4. Laura. Bat For Lashes: the new song from Natasha Khan AKA Bat For Lashes. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Simple. Haunting. I can't wait for her new album. Until October!
5. Ananaemonesia. Chairlift: I heard this song for the first time on WERS (one of my fave local radio stations). It reminds me of Berlin's "The Metro" a bit, which I love. Caroline Polachek has a very cool, unique voice. Great dance song!
6. Arcade Blues. Neon Indian: I love Neon Indian to pieces! This song is perfect for dance parties and driving. And dancing while driving.
7. Bavarian #1 (Say You Will). Miike Snow: What can I say about Miike Snow? They're kind of my favorite right now. I listen to their album Happy To You way too much. This song is one of my top three favorites from the album. Love the marching drums.
Photo: Neon Indian