Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hitchcock's Rebecca Never Ceases To Amaze Me

I watched Alfred Hitchcock's Rebecca last night for the zillionth time. As the title suggests this movie never, ever ceases to amaze me. Joan Fontaine is the epitome of "perfectly lovely", and Lawrence Olivier is ridiculously handsome, gentlemanly, and charming.

And then there's Mrs. Danvers. One of the great movie villains.

Being one of my all time favorites (if not my one-and-only all time favorite), I'm certainly biased.

But in my opinion if you enjoy: gothic things, mysteries in general, black and white movies, movies that take place in creepy mansions, movies that take place on the coast of Cornwall, movies with awesome villains, movies with awesome female villains, Lawrence Olivier, Joan Fontaine, psychological thrillers, ghosts, (and so on) you've simply got to watch Rebecca.