Friday, October 19, 2012

American Horror Story: Welcome To Briarcliff

Before I start, I want to point out that while this post contains no real spoilers, it does reveal some details that may be better left unknown for those of you who have not yet watched.

And on that note. Let's talk American Horror Story. Everyone's favorite psycho-horror-drama is back for its second season, and it is as creepy, suspenseful, and stylish (as always). This week's season opener was great! I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to see how the season unfolds.

Let's see. Highlights? I'm already head over heals for Evan Peters' character, whose proper name eludes me now. He was referred to as "Bloody Face" for much of the episode. I adore Sarah Paulson. She was a favorite of mine last season. Love her style, her voice, her general presence. And she's a fantastic actress.

James Cromwell is super creepy and sinister. Very villainous. Very tall. And of course, there's Jessica Lange. She's so amazing. Sister Jude is going to be an interesting one. Not entirely a villain, but definitely not heroic.

All in all, I'm crazy excited for this season of AHS and look forward to being good and properly creeped out by it week after week after week. Until next Friday.