Monday, November 5, 2012

For The Love Of Chocolate (Heck Yeah!)

I learned today (while reading the Whole Foods Market Holiday Magazine) that the Hershey's Kiss came to be in the year 1907. This blew my mind apart. I never thought of these perfect little morsels of deliciousness as an antique sort of thing. I always thought they were more of a 1950s thing, in fact.

I also learned that the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (my favorite unassuming candy) came to be in 1928 by H. B. Reese himself.

While this Whole Foods Holiday Magazine is not the topic of this post, it's well worth a look. "For the Love of Chocolate": the article that bestowed upon me so many great bits of chocolate trivia, today...on this (our very first), very cold day in New England. Here, here!!!

P.S. After proof reading this post I noticed no typos or missed grammar, but I did notice that it's written in a very old fashioned-ish, proper-ish sort of tone. Not sure where that came from, but it sort cracks me up.