Monday, September 17, 2012

Ben Folds + Fraggles = Something Spectacular

This is one very happy, awesome Monday, and I have Ben Folds Five to thank for it. Not only is their new song "Do It Anyway"  (from their new album The Sound of the Life and the Mind) fantastically catchy and like a breath of fresh air, but the music video for the song features Fraggles! Yes, you read that correctly. Fraggles, as in Muppets who live underground and eat lots of radishes.

As you likely already know about me, I love the Muppets, and Fraggle Rock was one of my favorite shows growing up. Pair this love of Fraggles with a great song and a sincere yet humorous music video and you've got something that was destined to make me smile and swoon.

The video was produced by Nerdist Industries, and features actress Anna Kendrick, actor/comic Roy Corddroy, and Nerdist founder Chris Hardwick.